Thursday, February 26, 2009

Changeling

So I have been waiting to see The Changeling for a while now, I actually do TRY to see all the movies nominated during awards season-although some I am severely disappointed over (ahem, There Will Be Blood) so anyway, last night was the first time I had a chance to see the flick. I must say-Angelina did a fantastically good job at the role-maybe her 25 kids were great inspiration for it, I don't know.
But anyway-aside from the she's-so-beautiful-it-should-be-illegal Angelina, the movie disturbed me deeply. Spoiler Alert!!! I guess I have such a preconceived notion that all people are inherently good, and it really throws me off my rocker to see a movie based on a true story with such a violent background. Not so much the police, but the manner in which the boys were kept and killed. Further research on Wikipedia on the murders were more detailed and gave more insight-but still....I shudder to think that people can be so cruel. But really-a great and must-see movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment